Investment Operations Manager
RMB Capital Management, LLC is a rapidly growing Chicago-based investment advisory firm with over $10 billion in assets under management. We are seeking an Investment Operations Manager to join our Investment Management team in Chicago, IL. This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working team player who wants to make an impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Investment Operations Manager will focus on a variety of operational tasks primarily related to overall implementation of the investment platform at RMB. The Investment Operations Manager will liaise with numerous internal departments, including Portfolio Management, Compliance, Back Office, Finance and Client Services in addition to external parties such as investment managers, administrators, and custodians to coordinate the relevant responsibilities.
- Primary lead responsible for operational implementation of the investment platform strategies at RMB
- Regularly collaborates with other operations roles at the firm to discuss projects and priorities
- Manages coordination across internal teams of any new investment strategy launches, strategy closures, operational processes, or changes
- Primary operational point of contact for outside investment managers
- Responsible for investment implementation for private funds including facilitating new investments, coordinating capital calls and distributions, and producing reports for portfolio managers, senior leadership, and other departments at the firm
- Primary point of contact for client service team on investment related operational issues
- Produce and maintain investment guides for applicable investment strategies utilized by end clients of the firm
- Coordinate with relevant parties for approvals on investment minimum exceptions and investment fee exceptions
- Serve as project manager for investment management projects as needed
- Requires project management skills that could include taking a leadership / supervisory role over projects involving multiple departments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Experience with investment management operations preferred
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and able to prioritize multiple projects
RMB Capital Management, LLC offers a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance paid by the firm
- 401(k) match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Anniversary and Sabbatical awards
About RMB Capital
RMB Capital is an independent investment advisory firm. Its businesses include wealth management, family office services, asset management, and retirement plan consulting. Headquartered in Chicago, RMB also has offices in Denver; Jackson Hole, Wyo.; Lake Forest, Ill.; Milwaukee; Minneapolis; New York; St. Joseph, Mich.; and Washington D.C. To learn more about RMB, visit www.rmbcap.com.
RMB Capital Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMB Capital Management, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.