Securities Analyst – Private Wealth Management
The Securities Analyst role is a generalist position within the investment group of a trust company and registered investment advisor serving high net worth individuals, families, and charities. The Securities Analyst will assist three CFAs and partners in the firm who have primary portfolio management responsibility for $1.7 billion in AUM, which is invested in balanced portfolios of individual stocks and bonds, mutual funds and ETFs, and alternative assets.
Depending upon the successful applicant’s education and experience, the position’s primary duties will include:
- Maintaining and updating databases, earnings models and other resources used in securities analysis and portfolio management.
- Researching and writing reports on individual securities, industries and asset classes, and undertaking specific economic, financial and statistical analyses germane to the investment process.
- Assisting in account reviews, especially by maintaining databases and portfolio management software, and assisting with trade preparation and processing.
- Assisting with the preparation of both internal and client-facing presentations that discuss investment research, portfolio performance, and investment strategy.
- Assisting in interviewing and performing due diligence on outside managers
At least one and preferably more than one of the following:
- Degree in economics, business or accounting,
- One to six years of experience in investment research and management, banking or within the finance department of a company, and
- Successful passage of the CFA Level I exam (or higher).
The successful applicant will:
- Have knowledge of and experience in financial research and reporting;
- Be proficient in the following software programs and applications: Excel, Bloomberg, PowerPoint, and Word. Additional exposure and knowledge of Advent and FactSet also welcomed.
- Be self-motivated and possess excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills;
- Have the ability to work closely with a small group of professionals;
- Manage complex research processes and take responsibility for meeting deadlines; and
- Experience in statistical analysis (e.g., regression analyses for financial applications), with database software (e.g., Microsoft Access) and with ESG metrics (Sustainalytics, CDP, SASB), as well as general computer programming skills (particularly VBA and SQL), are beneficial though not required.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors