What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities (“RBC DS”) Branch located in downtown Vancouver is looking for an experienced Associate to join a premier Portfolio Manager (“PM”) team by providing exceptional client service as well as investment, trading and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience in the investment field working as a licensed Investment Representative (“IR”) with an IIROC firm.
What will you do?
- Provide world class client service to our valued clients
- Portfolio modelling for PM
- Handle bulk trading and allocations as directed by PM
- Provide clients with portfolio performance reporting & tax reporting
- Respond to inbound client trading requests and other requests
- Follow-up on client trades to ensure proper settlement and delivery
- Complete new account documentation and KYC forms
- Ensure existing account documentation and KYC forms are complete and accurate
- Investigate and resolve inquiries related to accounts and refer to the PM where appropriate
- Utilize contact management system for daily task management
What do you need to succeed?
- Successful completion of at least CFA Level 1 exam
- At least 1 year of experience with an investment and / or wealth management firm
- IIROC licensed as an Investment Representative (“IR”) or ability to be licensed within 3 months (requires completion of both Canadian Securities Course (“CSC”) and Conduct & Practices Handbook Course (“CPH”))
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills – excellent communicator over the telephone
- First class client service skills
- Attention for detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task and change priorities mid-stream, as required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Work, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take responsibility of a task from beginning to end
- Legally able to work in Canada and resident of Vancouver, Canada area
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
How to Apply?
Please submit your cv and cover letter to Scott C. Murray by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that we will only be in contact with those who live in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, passed the LI CFA Exam, and who have experience related to this role.
Scott C. Murray, MBA, CFA, CFP
Senior Portfolio Manager & Wealth Advisor
RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
Suite 3200 – Royal Centre
1055 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3P3