Investment Analyst / Portfolio Manager
The Firm: Conifer Bay Capital LLC (coniferbay.com) is a boutique wealth management firm organized as a Registered Investment Adviser in the State of Illinois. The firm provides advice to wealthy individuals and families about financial planning, investments, and family governance.
The Job: This individual will focus on our clients’ investment assets, including equity securities, mutual funds, and ETFs. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the firm’s asset allocation models and researching companies in model portfolios. Additional responsibilities will likely include trading, rebalancing, and tax loss harvesting. Depending on applicants’ skills and interest, role also may involve business development and/or client service responsibilities.
Candidates should have an interest in working in an entrepreneurial, small firm culture. Also, as the industry is increasingly technology driven, candidates should be adept at utilizing software solutions (such as Schwab Advisor Center, Black Diamond Wealth Platform) and other investment research or trading software (such as Bloomberg and FactSet).
The job offers flexible hours and location, enabling work from a home office with weekly on-site team meetings.
Specific job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead investment due diligence and ongoing surveillance analysis
- Gather and analyze market information to support investment outlook
- Proactively identify attractive investment ideas
- Initiate and allocate trades
- Collaborate with teammates on client servicing / onboarding projects
- Contribute to firm’s client newsletters
Required Skills / Experience:
- Reside within the greater Chicago metropolitan and suburban area
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
- CFP, CPA, or technical designation preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a large financial institution
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office 365
- Solid work ethic, self-motivated and goal oriented
Interested candidates should send resume to careers@ConiferBay.com.