Capital Markets P&L Reconciliation Analyst
Sobre a vaga
About The Job
- Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region.
- In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines.
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the monitoring of Capital Market Businesses controlling the reconciliation of the accounting and economical P&L followed by the Front and Middle Offices. Main financial instruments in scope are Derivatives, Forex, Bonds, Issuer bonds, Equities, Commodities.
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of the breaks identified
- Challenge P&L figures recognized by the business so that to ensure the reliability of economical and accounting data related to Capital Markets activities
- Contribute to the BNP Paribas Group Financial statements and Regulatory Reporting
- Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Operations (Middle Offices and Back offices), Front Offices, IT and other support groups
- Make suggestions to improve operational processes, control framework and team’s efficiency
Profile And Skills To Success
- BSc / MSc Degree in Accoutning, Finance or Management
- Previous professional experience in Finance within the Banking sector (Financial Accounting, Reporting, Business/financial analysis
- Fluency in English
- Excel (including core functions as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
- Knowledge in Financial, Management and Banking Accounting
- Good knowledge of Financial instruments
- Good communication skills
- Rigorous and attentive to details
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
At least 2 years
Job Number: 2111GFSO9017