Senior Associate, Portfolio Management
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (VANCOUVER)
Reporting to the Vice President, Portfolio Management, the Senior Associate, Portfolio Management provides financial analysis, reporting and recommendations to ensure the investment funds are well managed based on their investment mandates and supports their overall effective operation. Preferred location: Vancouver.
• Participates in the evaluation and analysis of investment pricing guidance to the origination teams and investor distribution rates to the investor community.
• Participates in the evaluation, review, recommendation, and implementation of strategic initiatives involving fund management, new investment offerings and special situations.
• Performs research and develops business cases of new opportunities/offerings relative to the vision and growth objectives of the firm.
• Prepares the qualitative and quantitative analyses required to evaluate potential product enhancements or to develop business cases for new product or business lines.
• Scopes and supports projects to bring business initiatives to fruition, including overseeing the project management of appropriate stakeholders to ensure they have appropriate direction to formalize requirements/procedures to operationalize new products or initiatives by established timelines.
• Provides insights and recommendations into portfolio opportunities or challenges based on any financial analytics or reporting requested under the direction of the VP.
• Develops an in-depth knowledge of each Fund and the underlying investments and the policies which support its effective operation. Ensures investments comply with the constating documents.
• Prepares analysis to provide recommendations for the allocation of investments to the various fund mandates based on the review of the Underwriting Transaction Reports as well as through observance of the guidelines of the overarching Allocation Policy and the Investment Policy Statements of each Fund.
• Prepares any proposals for rebalancing transactions in accordance with the Inter-Fund Transfer Policy. • Prepares the weekly cash flow allocation forecast across the investment funds and participates in any directives for automation improvements.
• Participates in the annual review of the Investment Policy Statements of the funds.
• Leads the project management of the annual updates of the Offering Memorandum documents by April 30th.
• Leads the search and implementation of a portfolio management system.
• Leads the structuring of complex investments (i.e. equity and/or mezzanine facilities requiring structure and tax advice) to optimize impact to fund performance, and educates Loan Administration/Accounting on such investments to ensure accurate reporting.
• Build models/systems to forecast cash flows and monthly performance of the funds, including sensitivity and scenario analysis as required.
• Prepares any financial analysis requested to support decision-making in the funds.
• Under the direction of the VP and CRO, leads the preparation of any stress testing based on scenarios of changing economic conditions and property valuations to assess the resilience of the portfolio.
• Leads the preparation of fund performance reporting to the Executive Management Committee including KPI’s and benchmarking against competitors.
• Prepares the reporting on the global portfolio and individual fund portfolio stats to identify challenges and opportunities.
• Prepares or leads the development of any reporting required for decision-making.
• Leads the preparation of portfolio analytics, statistics, and reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Commerce, with a specialization in Finance or equivalent qualifications.
• 4 - 5 years of related work experience in the real estate financing industry or investment fund industry. • CFA or CIM designation.
• Previous registration as an advising representative or associate advising representative is an asset.
Other required qualifications:
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage challenging workloads in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver results.
• Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think strategically, generating and applying unique business insights and opportunities.
• Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ethical and credible, with a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
• Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel.
Trez Capital is a recognized leader in Canada’s private real estate lending industry and has built a reputation for providing developers, owners and investors innovative short to mid-term capital solutions for commercial properties in major centres across Canada and the United States.
We have earned the trust of investors, including some of Canada’s largest pension funds, by applying rigorous institutional grade underwriting to generate attractive yields and stable sources of income. With offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Palm Beach, Atlanta and Seattle, we manage a mortgage and investment portfolio of more than $4.0 billion.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leader in the real estate finance industry, positioned for accelerated growth. We offer an attractive remuneration package and are committed to your ongoing professional growth and development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.