Sr Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
Teaser: Are you experienced in financial risk management practices?
- Senior Risk Analyst role, working as part of a growing team
- Financial modelling and quantitative skills required
- A flexible work-life balance and newly refurbished CBD offices
As the State’s central financial services provider, Western Australian Treasury Corporation (WATC) has enabled the State to finance significant projects such as Optus Stadium and Elizabeth Quay. WATC cares about the financial health of WA’s public sector agencies and works with them to provide access to a comprehensive range of corporate finance, debt and investment, financial markets, risk management and foreign exchange products and advisory services.
About The Role:
Following a recent restructure of the Risk and Compliance Team, WATC is seeking an experienced Risk Analyst to join the team, delivering market and liquidity risk management, analysis, advice, monitoring and reporting.
If you have experience working in a financial market or relevant risk management environment, where you have provided risk reporting, advice and oversight on an organisation’s market and liquidity risk we would like to hear from you.
The key responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- providing daily market and liquidity risk analysis, advice, monitoring and reporting;
- monitoring financial market developments for potential risk related impacts and recommending action to protect WATC’s financial position where deemed appropriate;
- providing advice and carrying out research into the latest trends and developments in market and liquidity risk management;
- overseeing the operation and maintenance of WATC’s market and liquidity risk management monitoring and reporting systems;
This role prepares financial risk information and advice for the Chief Risk Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Executive, Branch Managers, management committees and the Board.
Key skills and experience needed for the role:
- A tertiary qualification in finance, commerce, business, economics, mathematics or any other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a financial market or relevant risk management environment.
- Highly developed knowledge of financial risk management practices and standards
- Strong financial modelling and quantitative finance skills.
- Effective verbal skills with experience liaising at a senior level.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience preparing business cases, reports and correspondence.
- High level skills in building and maintaining working relationships with peers, colleagues, senior executives and external stakeholders.
Why choose WATC?
With a workforce of only 78 people, WATC has interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges employees. At WATC, you will have opportunities to broaden your experience and build your expertise.
WATC employs highly skilled people, with diverse backgrounds, who embrace their core values of Integrity, Partnership, Adaptability, Achievement and Leadership. They are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity of all kinds.
As a part of the supportive WATC team, you will be provided:
- Training and development opportunities, including tuition assistance for approved further education;
- Generous flexible working arrangements, including remote working and purchasing additional leave;
- Free access to a gym in the building with new end of trip facilities;
- A collaborative and supportive work environment;
- Excellent work life balance; and
- Brand new offices in the Perth CBD.
For further information please contact Denise Wetherall, Beilby Downing Teal on 0408 000 109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Applicant Information Pack. All applicants are treated with fairness and respect.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.beilbydt.com.au quoting reference number 404361.
- A detailed CV that clearly outlines the skills and experience you have gained in relation to the job description;
- A covering letter (maximum two (2) pages) outlining your relevant experience and what you can bring to this role within the context of the job description.
Documents should be saved in .doc or .pdf format - applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed.
Only candidates with unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered.
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are submitted, so prompt submissions are encouraged. Given the current climate due to Covid-19 first consideration will be given to those applicants who are residents of Western Australia or G2G ready.