Research Analyst - Eagle Asset Management (Vermont/Northern New England)
4 days left
Team description: The Vermont Eagle Asset Management team uses a collaborative approach to managing $1 –2 billion in long-only, small and smid cap equity strategies. As part of a research based fundamental analysis, the investment process focuses on identifying durable franchises with sustainable business models that demonstrate unique qualities not fully appreciated by more short term oriented investors.
Position description: As an integral part of a small, focused and collegial team, this position would provide qualitative and quantitative research of high quality businesses that integrate environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) factors within specified sectors to the portfolio managers.
• Conducts fundamental research on equity securities.
• Develops deep understanding of economic, industry and competitive dynamics that govern assigned sectors, related companies and their business models.
• Performs in-depth research on new securities and assists in preparation of written industry and company specific reports.
• Develops of financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet, and quarterly projections.
• Provides research on specific sustainability issues effecting portfolio companies, and assesses the firm’s progress at achieving ESG objectives.
• Maintains computer databases covering industry and related companies.
• May lead the work of others and provide training when needed.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• A creative problem solver, committed to continuous learning and passionate about sustainable and responsible investing
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree would be a plus) in Business or Industry-related field
• Finance Or Industry- related work experience preferred (e.g. buy-side or sell-side, ESG research or corporate governance advisory research) OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Healthcare experience a plus but not necessary
• CFA or in process of obtaining CFA highly preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience utilizing a variety of statistical, mathematical, and/or analytical tools in order to design, develop, and evaluate data analytics, experience with Bloomberg a plus
• Passion for aligning financial returns with environmental and societal impact
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Yes, Up to 25 % of the Time
Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Yes