Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Under general supervision, performs complex fundamental investment research and evaluation.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate potential new investment managers using quantitative and qualitative skills. Investigate a potential manager’s background, prior track record of success, and investment process that will drive future investment gains.
- Continually update the Getty’s internal databases of performance, investment holdings, market exposures, and interactions with managers in the current portfolio.
- Integrate data supplied from investment managers with that available from Getty’s custodian and market data to provide detailed reporting to senior staff, the Chief Investment Officer, and the board of Trustees.
- Periodically review investment sub-strategies to evaluate the market opportunity and universe of managers that may result in changes in the portfolio allocation or roster of managers.
- Prepare investment memoranda detailing the investment rationale of a proposed investment.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in a finance or investment department
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of capital markets, investments and the investment landscape, preferably with some knowledge of private market investments.
- Knowledge of investment research processes and of industry standard investment-related software and systems.
- Skill in applying investment and manager research techniques and in reviewing and evaluating data, and the ability to interpret the data, identify key problems, and explain the evaluation.
- Strong quantitative skills including knowledge of performance measurement and evaluation methodology, statistics and investment industry terminology.
All employees must be fully-vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.