Senior Manager - Indirect Tax | Lisbon Office
Sobre a vaga
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is strengthening its Indirect Tax team with the integration of a Senior Manager. In this role, you will be a part of a team who identifies planning opportunities to help clients minimize their tax burden as well as fulfil compliance responsibilities and avoid penalties. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple technical and advisory Tax projects, focused on Indirect Tax, to a wide range of clients;
- Team management;
- Identify and sell opportunities for indirect tax advisory, refund and recovery services;
- Manage timings and expectations with customers;
- Deliver quality deliverables/solutions using general Indirect Tax knowledge and contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner;
- Advise local and multinational companies in order to align their tax compliance position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value;
- Manage and participate in recovery audits while maintaining effective client relationships;
- Develop and deliver responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations;
- Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans and make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas;
- Maintain long-term collaborative and profitable relationships with our clients;
- Stay abreast of current tax, legal and business trends relevant to the client's business;
- Contribute to the team’s good productivity and motivation with good communication and cooperation to guarantee the best result;
- Develop and maintain long-term and trust client relationships and networks.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Technical rigor and attention to detail;
- Commercial acumen;
- Team and project management skills;
- High level of dynamism;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment;
- A strong work ethic;
- Professional responsibility, confidentiality and integrity;
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful and able to work under pressure;
- Team player and critical thinking;
- Forward thinker and self-starter.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Academic Degree in Tax, Economics or similar fields of study, mainly in reference university;
- At least 8 years of professional experience working with indirect taxes;
- Background in consulting environment, mainly in Big4 or Second Tier companies, is valued;
- Experience in team management;
- Ability to develop new business opportunities;
- Ability to work in multicultural projects and environments;
- Full English proficiency.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package and includes support for flexible working and career development. Plus, we offer support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around the world and opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.