Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our customers.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. Believe it. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
ATB Capital Markets, a division of ATB Financial, is a fully integrated broker dealer providing a full suite of financial service solutions for the treasury, finance, capital markets and advisory needs of its corporate clients including:
- Corporate banking, loan syndications and project finance
- Debt capital, equity capital and financial markets
- Institutional sales and trading
- Expert advice on mergers and acquisitions, divestiture and private equity
- Institutional research to leverage industry and sector insight
ATB Capital Markets is looking for a Research Associate to support a number of activities of our Research Group and our team of E&P Research Analysts based in Calgary.
Job Number: REQ2918
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Apply by: December 1, 2021. Please note we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis and may close the posting early if a suitable candidate is found.
Paygrade: Under Review
# Positions available: 1
As ATB’s next Research Associate you are curious, hungry and passionate about the energy field. You understand the unique environment of Western Canada and its economy. You are a team player, eager to learn and looking to grow in your career.
This position is based out of Calgary, AB and will be positioned in our Eighth Avenue Place building. Relocation reimbursement/assistance will not be provided.
- Input and manipulate data in company financial models and create exhibits suitable for publishing and analysis.
- Maintenance of industry databases and company-specific spreadsheets as well as the use of Energy industry-specific software.
- Assist in generating research publications including writing, editing, and final report preparation.
- Conduct primary research from industry and financial sources.
- Prepare and maintain marketing presentations as required.
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines.
- Comfortable presenting to executives and other stakeholders
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, technical and writing skills.
- Industry experience in the E&P sector.
- Experience working with market data sets and add-ins including Bloomberg, Thomson, FactSet and Capital IQ.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of geoSCOUT and/or VBA experience would be an asset
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time with a client-oriented focus.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented.
- Experience in commercial sales and trading
Education & Professional Accreditation:
- A university degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or Geology.
- An MBA or enrolment in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is a definite asset.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
ATB Financial team members are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination or complete COVID rapid testing as a condition of employment to help support client and team member safety. We thank all candidates in advance for their understanding.
Stay in touch!