Investment Operations Specialist
INVESTMENT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
William Blair Investment Management is currently hiring an Investment Operations Specialist. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the production and development of complex, high visibility client reports. Ensure firm quality and formatting standards are followed and that reports are produced in an efficient manner.
- Gather new report requirements, analyze changes, coordinate changes with MIS, review and validate the development efforts relative to the user requirements.
- Complete various ongoing routine reporting team tasks to ensure all needs are met of both internal and external parties. Assist with the creation of ad hoc reports to meet requests from clients and internal parties.
- Perform various operational responsibilities such as account reconciliations, corporate action analysis, discrepancy analysis and discrepancy resolution.
- Participate in projects related to operational support and client reporting. Serve as key point person for contributing to these areas on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal parties. Stay abreast of emerging trends and market practices. Inform relevant parties, as well as firm leadership of any significant issues or trends as appropriate.
- Identify and implement actionable improvements to current procedures.
- Mentor and assist less experienced staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4 – 6 years of financial services experience required
- Direct responsibility for account data and client reporting in a financial services environment preferred
- Expert quantitative reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Strong demonstration of initiative and persistence
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers
- Delivers clear, effective communication and commits to understanding others
- Results oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.