Client Service Manager Australia
The Client Services Manager directs and performs new account on-boarding and client service functions for a dedicated group of Institutional clients by developing relationships and providing value added services.
- A key member of the MFS Relationship Team for a dedicated group of sophisticated Institutional clients and prospects including Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans, Public Plans, Endowments/Foundations, Sovereign Wealth, and certain Sub-Advisory plans investing in a variety of equity and fixed income products with vehicles such as separate accounts, Collective Investment Trusts, Private Investment Funds, Institutional Trusts, and retail mutual funds.
- Works closely with other MFS departments (e.g. Transition Management, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Client Reporting, and Finance) to ensure strong team communication on relevant matters. Responsible for initiating, developing, and maintaining organizational structure/systems/processes to ensure that client needs are met in a consistent, accurate, and timely fashion.
- Partners with the Sales Team during the on-boarding of new accounts and is the main point of contact for clients during these complex, highly visible transactions. • Coordinates both internally and externally the review and negotiation of contracts and investment guidelines, operational documentation, and funding activity. • Manages timelines and communicates MFS' product, vehicle, and operational capabilities. • Interacts regularly with clients, relevant client contacts (e.g. custodians and third party transition managers) as well as other MFS departments at all levels in order to execute account transitions. • Presents upcoming transactions at meetings and manages all feedback received.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager to service newly funded and existing clients. Leads and supports the successful resolution of all operational and administrative issues identified by the clients, their consultant or custodian bank, as well as internally assessed challenges.
- Interacts directly with clients and other MFS departments regarding: cash flow notification, portfolio rebalancing, in-kind transition coordination, reporting requirements, compliance certifications, contract amendments, guideline changes, directed brokerage requests, compliance matters, and operational details.
- Coordinates the distribution of regular reporting to clients which includes performance, account transactions, and market and attribution commentary.
- Works with the Relationship Manager to prepare for client meetings by providing a status of relationship and updates on completed and ongoing matters; participates in the effort to prepare and finalize portfolio review materials. May participate in or host meetings at MFS or at client sites as appropriate
- If applicable, provides direction to and mentors the Sales/Relationship Coordinator within their territory. The Coordinator is responsible for organizing the logistics of prospect and client meetings working closely with other MFS departments to pull together presentation materials. The Client Service Manager and Coordinator work together to field inquiries from clients and sales prospects and will provide firm information and portfolio data as requested.
- Ensures timely, clear and concise communication of client and prospect information to make certain MFS can meet their unique requirements. Documents all new requirements and procedures within the department protocol and escalates areas of concern or those thought to be challenging.
- Updates CRM system with all client touch points. Maintains client records, client contracts, and correspondence in firm databases as required.
- Ensures work meets department standards and initiates procedures to improve processes and overall quality control
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors’ degree, MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of five years Institutional investment industry related experience; Transition Management experience preferred.
- Exceptional organization skills; ability to work independently and as a team player with all levels of the firm.
- Strong attention to detail, and commitment to the highest quality standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication, proven project management, and analytical skills. Ability to work well with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively and show adaptability to changing internal priorities and client demands.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant PC programs. Ability and willingness to learn new programs as needed.
- Position requires licensing in accordance with MFS’ licensing policy.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. "Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement."