Beel Infrastructure Partners has an opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the team as an Investment Analyst / Associate based in Mexico City. The final level of the position will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Expected date of entry: January 2022.
The role will have responsibility for assisting the deal team in project and financial modeling, deal assessment, due diligence and execution, market research, general analytics and relative value analysis. Additionally, the role will also assist in preparing presentations and pitch books, cash flow analysis, researching, report writing and documentation review and negotiation.
- Deal assessment and execution: working with the team to assess and execute project investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review, risk assessment, preparation of presentation materials for investment committee, documentation review and negotiation, relative value analysis, etc.
- Running and developing three-statement financial models in order to analyze project opportunities with guidance from the senior partners.
- Conduct sensitivity, project financing, capital structuring and returns analysis.
- Drafting marketing documents such as pitchbooks or Confidential Information Memorandums.
- Gather, organize and analyze data from numerous sources to generate financial models and analysis for underwriting and investment structuring and control.
- Update project development budgets and financial models as needed.
- Industry and Market research: including research on potential investments, policy, competitors, technology, comparable transactions, tracking competing deals in the market, etc.
- Portfolio monitoring: assist in the monitoring of investments in the portfolio.
- Candidates will preferably have relevant internship and/or analyst experience in financial analysis.
- Proficient with demonstrable financial modeling and evaluation skills. In particular, a good understanding of cash flow modeling is important.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Recently graduated of a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, BA/accounting, engineering, actuarial sciences, mathematics, or a related field with strong academic background.
- CFA level 1 passed will be a plus.
- 6 months - 2 year of experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- A keen interest in infrastructure investment.
- Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and robust organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, while also participating collaboratively as part of a team.
- This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to join a high profile, fast growing and dynamic business, with significant variable compensation and upside as the team grows.
- Significant investment exposure on projects/deals.
- Exposure to an experienced senior team with strong sectorial experience and team values.
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment.