Multi-Asset Strategy & Solutions - Associate, Mexico Quantitative Researcher / Portfolio Manager
About this role
This is an Associate position within the Mexico MASS Team. The candidate will report to the Mexico Multi Asset Strategies Portfolio Manager. Candidate will be providing data solutions and research to portfolio managers.
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to improve processes, enhance research and drive scale.
- Developing automatizations for day-to-day activities and organize large datasets.
- Clean data and make data available and accessible for research.
- Running performance and attribution analyses of different portfolios to provide the team with timely and relevant data.
- Doing empirical research and developing statistical models across different asset classes and markets.
- Design, evaluate and implement methodologies to analyze alternative and financial data (i.e, text mining, machine learning).
- Perform simulations and stress testing to address potential risks and alpha opportunities.
- Collaborating with analytics, performance, risk, data and other teams to drive improvements in systems, reporting and investment processes.
- Prototyping new optimization and other asset allocation models to enhance portfolio construction.
- Developing NLP, ML and AI to identify patterns and trends.
- Perform quantitative research and back testing on financial and alternative data to develop systematic investment strategies.
- Monitor recent Data Science trends in use of alternative data /big data in finance through academic and industry publications.
Skills, experience and education:
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Physics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- More than 3 years of full-time relevant work experience and proven interest in the financial markets.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, programming and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and probability (time series, regression, stochastic processes, bayesian)
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in performing complex analyses involving large datasets.
- Advanced programming skills (Python, R Studio, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, VBA)
- Strong knowledge of Aladdin is desirable.
- Previous experience in Quantitative Research, Data Analytics or Data Science is a plus.
- Broad understanding of financial assets, analytics and market dynamics is desirable.
- Open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
- Motivated team player, flexible in approach and ability to work independently.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types, assets, markets and activities.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate within a team environment
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and positive mindset towards change
- A willingness to produce high-quality and relevant work.
- Excellent quantitative and empirical research skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Inquisitive and analytically minded with a logical and detailed work ethic
- Very strong proficiency in English (oral and written communication)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors