As a Portfolio Specialist on our General Account Investments team, you will operationalize key analysis that drives strategy for the general account, ensure data is accurate, and consumable. In addition, you’ll support general account investment initiatives through participation in projects, process reviews and system improvements.
Other kinds of things that you’ll do:
- Investment Operations & Reporting: Build, maintain and operationalize key reports and metrics that are communicated to internal business partners and senior management.
- Investment Strategy: Prepare and analyze data that drives investment behavior strategy for the Principal Life Insurance General Account.
- Investment Analysis: Participate in General Account investment initiatives through participation in projects, deal discussions and data/system improvement projects.
- Communication: Ensure data, reports and analysis is consumable and appropriate for the audience. Proactively identify problems and collaborate with business partners to find solution.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative science field, operations research, industrial engineering or related mathematics field.
- Progress towards CFA or MBA is helpful.
- Use quantitative methods to develop operations, research and simulation techniques to deliver business initiatives by assisting the preparation of investment strategy recommendations and solutions for Principal Life Insurance Company.
- Play a crucial role in leading world class regulated investment team by actively preparing and enhancing communication to senior management that drives strategy for the organization.
- Enhance network design, flow modeling, operations research and data capture that will lead to improved strategic and tactical decisions.
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value.
- Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions.
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problems and become conversant with subject matter experts.
- Strong organization, interpersonal and proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading and influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Economics Finance - General Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Finance - General Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Finance - General Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors