Director, Relationship Management
MFS Investment Management
Director - Relationship Management (Toronto)
The Director – Relationship Management will act as relationship manager for MFS institutional clients in Ontario. You will develop and maintain a close and direct relationship with institutional clients to ensure client satisfaction and serve as a trusted advisor. The Director will communicate client requirements within MFS and proactively anticipate client needs through thoughtful dialogue and engagement and educate clients on industry trends and MFS capabilities to retain and grow client assets.
- Act as primary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS. Maintain, expand, and communicate knowledge of client needs, concerns, and overall satisfaction with MFS through frequent contact (e.g., direct, written, and verbal). Provide same services to client consultants, as necessary.
- Anticipate and develop opportunities to expand and strengthen the client relationship. Maintain strong understanding of clients’ evolving investment needs and proactively provide appropriate solutions. Involve other MFS colleagues as necessary in this process.
- Educate clients through relevant MFS thought leadership pieces and multi-disciplinary capabilities of MFS; keep clients informed of product/organizational enhancements, and relevant industry information and developments in financial markets.
- Develop and maintain client action plans that include an overview of the relationship (e.g., opportunities for growth, business at-risk status), key contacts, client strategic priorities, and specific activities the relationship manager intends to take to execute on these plans.
- Deepen institutional support at the client organization by developing additional executive contacts other than those directly involved in the relationship and make MFS expertise on relevant subjects available to the client as appropriate.
- Anticipate risks to client relationships, take steps to protect them, and keep MFS regional and global management teams apprised. Explore opportunities to broaden the client relationship through introduction to key MFS colleagues, as appropriate (e.g., Investment team, Investment Solutions Group). Monitors and prioritize access to resources including the investment team and senior management.
- Serve as the primary client advocate when interacting with other MFS teams (i.e., Client Service, Investment, Legal, Accounting, Compliance) to ensure that client needs are being met at all levels.
- Oversee all aspects of client meeting preparation with internal teams, execution, and follow-up.
- Keep appropriate parties (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, MFSI Management) abreast of client needs and developments to ensure that goals are met.
- Work with Investment Team to ensure investment presentations meet client needs.
- Responsible for client visits to MFS offices (i.e., due diligence meeting, review meetings, etc.).
- Work with transition team to smoothly establish new relationships.
- Support initiatives associated with client conferences and firm sponsored events.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, post-graduate education in a related area preferred, with a minimum ten (10) years’ institutional investment-related experience with at least five (5) years 'experience in direct client-relationship capacity.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and nurturing institutional client relationships, particularly from within an institutional investment management or consulting firm.
- Previous experience working with institutional fixed income clients.
- Knowledge of domestic and foreign financial markets and products required.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment across a variety of operating functions globally at MFS, and to travel as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based communication and CRM tools (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Salesforce)
- Appropriate Canadian Registration (Advising representative or Associate Advising Representative.)
MFS Investment Management Canada is committed to an inclusive and equitable workplace. We value the diversity of people, culture, and ideas. MFS Investment Management Canada’s equal opportunity and diversity practices draw upon highly talented and skilled people whose individual competencies and creativity are recognized and appreciated. We believe we must attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest individuals from all segments of the population in order to attain business objectives.
We are dedicated to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodations, so your accessibility needs are met during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.