Director, Client Management & Portfolio Services EMEA
Pzena Investment Management is a global investment management firm that employs a classic value investment approach. We manage over $50 billion in assets for institutional and intermediary investors globally. Our team of approximately 135 employees is mostly based in our headquarters in New York and we have offices in London, Ireland, and Australia. Since we began managing assets in 1996, our solid return record and reputation for business integrity, research excellence, and devotion to our investment philosophy has led to significant growth in the size of our team, our locations, and our assets under management. We seek partners, not just employees, at every level in the firm and are looking for an exceptional new team member to grow with us.
We are adding a Director of Client & Portfolio Services to be the relationship partner for a set of institutional and intermediary clients across EMEA. This is a key role, and you will be critical to support our business and growth. The ideal addition to our team has a reputation for excellence and experience with equity investing and preferably experience with value-style strategies. We expect you to have a deep appreciation for our investment philosophy and our mission statement: to be recognized as a premier global value investor; to deliver “best in class” client service; and to create a culture that enables us to attract and retain the best people.
- Be the primary (or back up) contact for existing and future client relationships in the EMEA region, managing all regular and ad-hoc client queries, and understanding all aspects of the relationship
- Provide day-to-day servicing of clients to facilitate successful relationships
- Manage periodic portfolio updates to clients, working closely with members of our investment team as needed, and providing firm- and investment updates where appropriate
- Be a trusted partner for clients by understanding their investment needs and provide thoughtful investment insights and support
- Support new business opportunities through identifying cross-sell activities.
- Contribute to the creation of regular marketing content
Experience & Skills
- Ability to develop and deepen client relationships by providing superior service by using good judgement and intuition to understand client needs and challenges
- Ability to build credibility through technical, content driven investment discussion (“credibility through content”) by articulating our research and strategies effectively.
- Excellent persuasive communication-, presentation-, and relationship skills; to convey information clearly both verbally and through written material
- Passion for value investing
- Knowledge of and experience in fundamental research and portfolio management
- Ability to team and build strong relationships with global colleagues, firm leaders and key personnel in the firm across locations
- Experience of working with European/UK institutional clients including a good understanding of and experience with ESG landscape and its reporting and regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel regularly within the territory, travel periodically to the New York headquarters, and complete potentially extended initial onboarding in NY
- At least 10 years combination of investment experience as well as developed strong relationship and client servicing skills with sophisticated institutional and intermediary investors
- An enthusiastic, proactive and highly motivated individual
- A high level of “investment intensity.”
- The ability to work autonomously yet have a strong team orientation.
- A self-starter who is hardworking, intellectually curious, and committed to excellence.
- Ability to establish credibility with sophisticated investors.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills; someone with a natural relationship-building orientation.
- Professionally mature and polished presence.
- Unquestionable integrity and strong work ethic.
- Relevant academic background and/or CFA is required.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
WORKING AT PZENA
We are committed to the success and wellbeing of our employees. We offer benefits to support the health and wellness of our employees and their families, such as additional health cover, life assurance, income protection, pension, and firm contributions to causes important to our employees through firm Charitable Giving and Charitable Matching programs. Additionally, the firm supports the professional growth of our team by offering a Mentorship Program, Lunch & Learns, and sponsoring workgroups and committees to recommend business improvements. We are proud of our culture and enjoy coming together as a firm; you can look forward to team building activities in local offices and as a global firm including social events, holiday events, monthly birthday parties, recharging with healthy snacks, and more.