Institutional Solutions Senior Analyst
*At Securian Financial the internal title for this position is Sales Operations Sr. Analyst.
The Institutional Solutions Senior Analyst role is a position within our Distribution team at Securian Asset Management. Employees in this position work closely with sales professionals and relationship managers, providing day to day support in their sales, consultant relations and relationship management goals. Associates are generalists, as they may be involved in activities across products, target markets or prospect/clients/consultants. Working independently under limited supervision, this job assists in identifying target clients, pipeline, and territory management, and being part of prospect, client and consultant relationships.
*We are open to both local and remote candidates for this position.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Works with business development/consultant relations and relationship managers to leverage their time through providing sales and relationship management help daily.
- Coordinates targeted outreach campaigns and assists with prospecting and cross-selling initiatives.
- Coordinates projects, including identifying resources, establishing timeframes managing to milestones and communicating and coordinating across various internal parties. Examples include RFPs, ad hoc consultant/prospect/client requests, finals presentations and due diligence meetings.
- Utilizes applications such as SalesForce, eVestment, Money Market Directory and Clearwater for meeting preparation, activity & pipeline capture and competitive analysis of products.
- Maintains knowledge of the team’s assigned territory, business plans, marketing campaigns and focus products.
- Monitors industry trends and opportunities by reviewing industry publications and contributes to overall Institutional team with sales and service ideas, best practices and learned industry knowledge.
- Partners with colleagues across channels and Securian affiliate investment firms to promote one SecurianAM value system and serve shared clients effectively.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes and procedures to gain efficiencies and improve coordination.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relationship management, client service, sales support or investment related function.
- College degree (with concentration in economics, business, finance, or data analysis is desirable) or equivalent work experience.
- Service orientation, with the understanding that each interaction is a manifestation of the Securian brand. Adept at collaboration and bringing people together.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with the ability to produce high level analysis in a meaningful and understandable format.
- Steadfast work ethic that accommodates last-minute projects and other urgent needs of the team that may require non-standard work hours.
- Experience in financial services, asset management, insurance or investment consulting with experience in working with sales and service teams responsible for complex products.
- Heightened sense of quality control and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and as part of a team
- Flexibility to potentially travel on occasion to attend client meetings/conferences. Travel would be limited and planned in advance.
- Ability to obtain FINRA Series 7 & 63.
- Willingness to pursue an advanced degree and/or industry certification such as CFA or CAIA is desirable.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for 4-6 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.