Vice President - CMBS Surveillance
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of CMBS Surveillance. The individual will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of CMBS transactions rated by DBRS Morningstar, working closely with all levels of the management team to ensure transaction reviews are completed within the expected timelines and that events impacting transactions at the loan and bond level are addressed as necessary. The individual will assist in the training and development of the junior team members and will serve as the primary liaison between the North American-based team and the team based in Mumbai. The individual will evaluate and assess processes and procedures for the group from a macro perspective, working to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Review reports showing transaction and loan-level changes across the DBRS Morningstar-rated CMBS book – identify necessary rating actions and flag transactions that need to be reviewed, working with the assigned teams to process.
• Assist in the review of committee documents, press releases, loan commentaries and rating reports completed by analysts across the group.
• Lead deal reviews as necessary, working with the assigned teams to complete.
• Work with both the onshore team leads and the management in Mumbai, providing oversight on the workflow processes as a whole. Coordinate training and development opportunities as needed.
• Identify trends and events that could be used to create research pieces, commentaries and webinar content.
• Occasionally perform site visits for properties securing loans in DBRS Morningstar-rated transactions.
• Work with the team as a whole to diagnose issues in processes, systems, templates, workflow, etc. and work with the appropriate teams to propose, design and implement necessary changes.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a commercial real estate finance related field. The analyst should hold a degree in finance, real estate or a related area. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be analytical and highly attentive to detail. The candidate will be highly poised and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. In addition, candidates must possess a high degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new applications and to perform complex analyses. Well-developed business writing skills are also required. All necessary documents are required for international travel.