ALM/Derivatives Investment Associate
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC, located in Milwaukee, WI, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company with over $250 billion in assets under management (AUM). The Public Investments Department manages over $120 billion of total AUM and provides fixed income expertise to Northwestern Mutual (NM) and its affiliates.
What you will do: This role will provide analytic support to the Public Investments (PI) Department’s ALM portfolio management team with a major focus on spread lending. The role will also perform research and analysis in support of PI’s derivatives management process and related activities.
How you will do it:
- Perform research and analysis in support of ALM related portfolio management, particularly related to spread lending
- Support the development and implementation of derivative strategies for client portfolios with a primary focus on ALM hedging strategies, particularly spread lending
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of the ALM model used for spread lending
- Provide analysis and support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of NM’s FHLBC advance strategies
- Build and maintain daily cash/duration analysis for segmented portfolios; represents PI in the allocated cash process for spread lending
- Provide support and backup for OTC derivative trading, particularly interest rate and currency swaps utilized for spread lending
- Provide support and backup for FHLBC advance execution
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- CFA or FSA designation, or MBA or master’s degree in finance, economics, or quantitative fields of study, or significant progress toward at least one of these designations or degrees
- Knowledge, background, and interest in capital markets
- 1+ years of institutional quantitative investment or actuarial experience
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work optimally with people at all levels within the organization
- Adaptable and accurate with respect to requests for data, opinions, and other information
- Works well independently, while promoting and contributing to a strong team dynamic
- Demonstrates initiative, motivation, and good judgment and independence of viewpoint. Relies on own work while considering the views of others
- High ethical and professional standards
Benefits: Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.