Marketing Manager – Institutional and Advisor Solutions
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an investment firm with locations in Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Philadelphia and Naples, Florida. For more than a quarter century, SBH has been helping investors realize their long-term investment objectives through a time-tested, disciplined process. We offer a wide range of investment strategies and aim to build long-lasting relationships with our clients in the wealth management, intermediary, and institutional spaces. Our culture is defined by a commitment to putting our clients first and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce where individuals from varied backgrounds can thrive, delivering top investment talent and service to our clients.
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Institutional and Advisor Solutions
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Chicago or Denver
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Segall Bryant & Hamill (SBH) seeks a marketing manager to join our team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and executing marketing initiatives – to acquire and retain clients – in support of the firm's advisor solutions and institutional/consultant channels. Initiatives include digital marketing (e.g., social media, web, email, webcasts, video, etc.), content marketing, value-add programs, events and sponsorships, marketing materials, and advertising, among others. This individual will also work closely with business development professionals in these channels to create internal communications and tools to help support their efforts. The position serves as a channel advocate within the marketing department and will report to the firm’s Director of Marketing, who is located in Denver.
• In partnership with the firm's Director of Marketing, develop a marketing strategy to effectively position and promote the firm's advisor solutions and institutional businesses with prospects and clients. Ability to concept, execute and measure initiatives from start to finish for each channel.
• Develop and implement differentiated and targeted marketing initiatives and content, with an emphasis on digital. This includes investment insights, whitepapers, webcasts, commentaries, strategy promotions and updates, social media promotions, presentations, in addition to other marketing communications.
• Work with sales leadership to identify opportunities to provide client-centric marketing strategies for our most highly valued clients.
• Proactively advance channel identity and strategy positioning to improve differentiation in marketplace. Ensure positioning and key differentiators are carried consistently across all mediums (e.g., digital, print, web, events, etc.).
• Continuously evolve all marketing materials and communications to improve their impact and value in the marketplace.
• Within the channels, manage the creative development process and resources (internal and outsourced). Ensure all marketing initiatives are aligned with the goals and objectives of each channel; that they are well designed and well written and reinforce the attributes of the SBH brand.
• Edit and proofread marketing materials, collateral and investment commentaries, particularly during quarter-end periods.
• Be the owner within marketing for key technology used in channels, including various databases and Salesforce. Work with others in marketing, IT and sales to optimize technology for the benefit of marketing, sales and client service initiatives.
• Build deep knowledge of channels and marketing best practices by staying informed on industry and competitor trends; proactively share key insights with marketing team and channels.
• Play lead role in organizing and posting the firm’s social media posts.
• Assist with other team and channel initiatives as needed.
• Act as a role model and mentor for junior associates on the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or finance preferred; MBA a plus.
• Minimum of five years’ marketing management experience within the financial services industry or equivalent required. B2B experience required.
• Experience with digital marketing – including social media, content marketing, marketing material creation, and CRM (e.g., Salesforce) – required.
• Strong writing, editing and communication skills required.
• Technologically savvy and able to get up to speed quickly on new technologies.
• Creative thinker with an understanding of basic graphic design principles.
• Able to provide highly disciplined and organized project management, often within tight timeframes, including coordination with sales, investment management, and compliance.
• Ability to think strategically while also able to “roll up your sleeves” and do the hands-on work necessary to meet deadlines.
• Able to work with professionals at all levels of the firm including senior management; able to work well with different personalities.
Knowledge and Proficiency
• Strong understanding of (1) the institutional and advisor solutions channels, including the distribution process, platforms and product vehicles, and (2) the sales processes, including relationships of our client/prospect to end clients, and differing contact points within our prospect and client firms.
• Strong knowledge base in financial markets, including equity and fixed income.
• Working knowledge of compliance requirements, including FINRA.
• High degree of proficiency with all Microsoft Office platforms. Advanced degree of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign), WordPress, Pardot, and Hootsuite strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of eVestment and other industry tools such as Bloomberg and Morningstar.
Travel may be required to and from firm’s offices.
All submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.sbhic.com
Apply via the SBH Career Center
Email Inquiries to email@example.com