Analyst, Emerging Markets
1 day left
An Analyst on the emerging markets team will research and analyze across the market cap spectrum. The goal of the Analyst is to develop differentiated insights that allow for high conviction investment opportunities. These conclusions are derived from a creative, thorough and iterative research process. The Analyst will report to the Director of Equity Research.
- Analyze a wide range of companies across sectors within Emerging Markets.
- Leverage established network of industry experts and other sources while conducting frequent face-to-face meetings with company management teams
- Develop clear, insightful analysis of companies, industries, and relevant countries that provides fresh investment insights
- Develop and maintain clear understanding of, and position on, competitive landscape, local politics and political climate, management styles and structure, etc.
- Identify several unique sources of information on every company covered outside of the sell side
- Build and maintain detailed, specific, complete models, including a DCF model on each name covered
- Communicate rationale for company/country recommendations to portfolio managers, as well as sector themes and broader investment insights drawn from the company and region work
- Actively monitor companies under coverage and communicate important changes in a timely manner
Education and Work Experience
- Analyst with 3+ years of experience in buyside experience - emerging markets equity experience preferred
- Language skills (especially Mandarin) preferred
- Outstanding financial, fundamental, strategic, and communication skills
- Ability to articulate and present complex information in an understandable format and the readiness to put forth an opinion, often in situations where there is a time and/or information constraint
- Strong passion for stocks and companies
- Ambitious, driven, aggressive in building a collectively strong track record
- Strong work ethic and a high level of curiosity to understand complex companies and complex financial instruments
- Team player
- Thought leader
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.