Investment Operations Manager
Ballentine Partners, LLC, is a leading independent investment and wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire. Our client families rely on us to be their most-trusted advisor and to manage all aspects of their complex financial lives. We are a team of over 100 professionals, and our firm is known as a wonderful place to work. Our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial work environment. We are unusual in the financial services industry in that we believe our employees’ having a balanced life makes them better at their work. We are proud that Pension & Investments named Ballentine Partners as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management in multiple years.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for:
- Structure and development of Ballentine-managed commingled funds, including management of external service providers, review of entity and investor subscription documents, and coordination of internal reviews and approvals
- Operational oversight of Ballentine-managed commingled funds, including coordination of closes, capital calls, distributions, and investor reporting
- Management of private fund administrator and other vendor relationships
- Support for the firm’s private investment program, including operational due diligence on funds
- Coordination with staff responsible for investor subscription documentation and AML/KYC compliance
- Support for private investment reporting efforts, including data management and report design
- Coordination with Compliance Team on risk management and reporting activities
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and others on investment operations efficiency and productivity improvement efforts
- Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Has a strong working knowledge of investments and portfolio management
- Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e. anticipate problems, raise suggestions)
- Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
- Has strong problem-solving skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Is comfortable working with senior stakeholders
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has strong communication skills, verbal and written
A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred with at least 5 years working in an investment management firm in a similar role with experience in private funds.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time-off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time-off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program, and we support certifications and continuing education for our team members. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family-friendly and flexible work environment. When we return to the office it will be a hybrid return allowing individuals to work from home up to 4 days a week.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report here: https://ballentinepartners.com/2021/03/ballentine-partners-publishes-second-annual-impact-report/
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. The base salary range for this position is between $120,000 and $180,000 and is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.
We will sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.