Victory Capital/RS Investments Growth Team Equity Research Associate
About Victory Capital:
Victory Capital is a diversified global asset management firm. We operate a next-generation business model combining boutique investment qualities with the benefits of a fully integrated, centralized operating and distribution platform. Victory Capital provides specialized investment strategies to institutions, intermediaries, retirement platforms and individual investors. With 10 autonomous Investment Franchises and a Solutions Platform, Victory Capital offers a wide array of investment styles and investment vehicles including actively managed mutual funds, separately managed accounts, active ETFs, multi-asset class strategies, custom-designed solutions and a 529 College Savings Plan.
General Summary and Purpose:
RS Investments Growth Team in San Francisco is looking for a Research Associate. You will provide support in the fundamental investment process working with senior analysts and portfolio managers who manage growth-oriented equity funds. You will also be well-prepared to develop stock coverage after 2 years. The Research Associate program is a 2-year role with potential for a 3rd year.
You will report to the Portfolio Manager.
- Work with our senior analysts on due diligence of investment ideas
- Conduct business sector research
- Review public documents, trade journals, buy-side journals
- Participate in third party research calls and perform channel checks
- Analyze financial statements and develop projections
- Prepare comparable company analysis
- Write stock recommendation summaries
- Assist in stock coverage (earnings calls and updating models)
- Monitor daily research news flow and industries
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience with financial concepts and strong financial modeling skills
- Growth mindset and willingness to collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal skills plus detail-orientation
- High motivation with ability to be a self-starter and resourceful
- Passion for investing and the stock market
- Mastery of Excel (can perform complex functions) and proficiency with Factset and PowerPoint
Victory Capital Management offers great Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Flexible PTO, Family Medical and Disability Leaves, and a 401k plan with a generous employer match.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.