The candidate will join a growing asset management team and be part of the team responsible for a variety of composite-level and portfolio-level performance and associated risk metrics, in addition to the maintenance and continued development of a number of internally managed databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review portfolio accounting and trading systems (SS&C Advent APX & Moxy, BondEdge) and ensure accuracy to custodial systems
- Prepare and analyze data by developing and maintaining comprehensive reporting, and analysis including tracking market conditions and comparable asset performance, as well as ad hoc reporting requests.
- Assist with reviewing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and follow up with any questions from clients regarding activity from prior periods.
- Assist in the Account on-boarding process, including initial set-ups and ongoing maintenance.
- Understand the end-to-end infrastructure in order to help trouble-shoot client issues more effectively and expeditiously.
- Investigate root causes of process inefficiencies and make proposals on opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain and develop databases allowing for the tracking of a range of client specific and firm metrics.
- Adhere to the department policies and procedures for client requests and custodial reconciliation.
- Share your knowledge and become a part of the team’s success; work both independently and in a team environment to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Actively seek opportunities to lead contribute to initiatives outside immediate area of responsibility.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude with inquisitive curiosity.
- Take ownership, act with a sense of urgency and exceed expectations by communicating effectively.
- Participate in weekly management calls and assist on other projects and assignments as needed.
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Operations, related field or related experience.
- Strong aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and other control partners
- Ability to use data to create metrics and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with SS&C Advent Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) or Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®) Program a plus
Please include “Performance Analyst” in the subject line
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws. We place a high value on diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate on-the-basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.