The candidate will join a fast growing asset management firm looking to expand its investment team in the area of investment grade securitizations. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a group of investment professionals with a consistent track record of performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Senior Portfolio Managers to analyze various aspects of securitized issues including collateral performance, credit enhancement, delinquencies, and covenants such as early amortization events at the security level
- Gather information from various platforms including Bloomberg and Trustee remittances and convert the data into Excel databases to be used to analyze and manage risk and overall investment exposures.
- Track OAS and risk premium data and report such to the senior investment team. Undertake rich/cheap analysis for presentation to senior investment professionals
- Assist in the risk management function by collating data on various exposures across the investment book including geographic profiles, tenants, sub-sector, property type, and sponsor risk metrics.
- Adhere to the department policies and procedures for client requests and custodial reconciliation.
- Share your knowledge and become a part of the team’s success; work both independently and in a team environment to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Actively seek opportunities to lead and contribute to initiatives outside immediate area of responsibility.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude with inquisitive curiosity.
- Take ownership, act with a sense of urgency and exceed expectations by communicating effectively
- 3+ years of experience working with fixed income investments required
- CFA/MBA completed or underway
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Operations, related field or related experience.
- Experience with some of the following investment classes required: Agency MBS, non-Agency MBS, ABS, commercial real estate conduit and SASB structures, CRT, and SFR.
- Strong aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely to clients, potential clients, and investment consultants
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and other control partners
- Proficient in Bloomberg and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of Advent, Moxy and BondEdge is a plus but not required
Please include “Securitized Analyst” in the subject line
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws. We place a high value on diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate on-the-basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.