Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is an industry-leading transportation and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage, processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). PMC also operates strategically-located facilities for crude oil and NGL storage, separates NGL from natural gas and fractionates NGL into pure liquid petroleum gas (LPG) products, including propane and butane.
Fueled by our strong leadership team and a dedicated employee base, combined with our expertise in marketing, logistics and our asset base, PMC is well-positioned to provide our customers with flexible, value-added services now and in the future.
Our Commercial team is a talented group of professionals who are focused on Bigger Opportunities, Bolder Moves and Broader Perspectives!
Plains is currently looking to fill the position of Specialist, Fundamentals based in our Calgary corporate office with some business travel required (post COVID). While reporting to the Director of Fundamentals and M&A North, this position is expected to collect and analyze all aspects of supply, demand, inventory, and pricing data as it relates to the Crude Oil and LPG markets across North America. This analysis will be utilized to maintain the long-term outlook for Canadian crude oil and North American NGLs. The ideal candidate should possess a combination of technical writing and analytical skills with experience in market analysis and strategic planning in the energy sector.
- Quantitative analysis that forecasts crude oil, natural gas, and LPG supply in North America;
- Working with multiple internal groups to determine how crude, natural gas, and LPG supply forecasts impact Plains;
- Quantitative analysis to support commodity price forecasts with the assistance from internal groups;
- Researching and gathering information to project supply/demand balances;
- Understanding crude, NGL markets and current commercial business, particularly as they relate to Plains;
- Identifying and evaluating the implications of major trends and developments in regional Crude Oil and NGL markets and supply/demand balances as well as changing market conditions and inputs for business opportunities;
- Assembling project documents that clearly illustrate the opportunity for senior management review. This includes economic benefits, strategic fit and risks to existing or new business;
- Following industry trends and news to assess impacts to the business and identify opportunities and risks; and
- Maintaining the inputs to the corporate price outlook that drives profitability and the economic outlook of new/existing business initiatives.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- A University Degree (Commerce, Economics, Finance, Engineering) or equivalent is preferred;
- 5+ years progressively responsible market analysis and strategic planning experience in the energy sector;
- Superior oral and written skills, including a demonstrated ability to craft clear and concise messages to explain trends and strategy in corporate presentations;
- Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications; including experience developing financial models;
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and handle high-stress deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple departments;
- Have an up-to-date passport with the ability to travel Internationally for business purposes (post COVID); and
- Cleared criminal history (background) and satisfactory reference checks.
Our employees drive our success. At Plains, hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep you safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver exceptional results to our stakeholders while also respecting our employees’ need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our great benefits program. As part of our goal to be an employer of choice, Plains is also committed to doing business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To learn more about our Sustainability and ESG (environmental, social and governance) initiatives, read our 2020 Plains Sustainability Report.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application through our company website.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
All applicants not chosen for an interview shall have all personal information permanently deleted or disposed of with the exception of their resume, which will be kept on file in the event that another suitable position becomes available.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors