The investment Portfolio Manager (PM) is responsible for, constructing, evaluating, and overseeing Private Clients and Institutional investment portfolios as well as managing all aspects of the investment portfolio to achieve the appropriate risk-adjusted-return according to each client's mandate. In this role, the PM will be managing a bespoke group of high affluent Private and/or Institutional clients with complex investment portfolios and relationships. The PM responsibilities includes-but not limited to- asset allocation, monitoring, rebalancing, participating in bringing new business, and gathering new assets from existing clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Construct, allocate, monitor and rebalance client portfolios and schedule periodic meeting to review investment performance.
- Guide clients to determine the appropriate asset allocation to achieve their financial mandate and complete the Investment Policy Statement.
- Manage and analyze client portfolios to ensure investments are in line with targeted allocation to mitigate risk.
- Maintain client portfolios compliance, perform annual regulatory investment reviews, and document account activities and client interactions. Ensure Investment Policy Statement is updated as needed.
- Support client needs on a daily basis, including responding to client investment and operational-related inquiries.
- Perform analysis, draft reports, and conduct due diligence reviews for specifically assigned investment strategies to become a subject matter expert for such strategies and present outcomes to the Portfolio Management Team and the Investment Committee.
- Attend department and Investment Committee meetings as well as other internal meetings as required.
- Execute buy and sell trades to implement investment strategies or rebalance client portfolios, based on client's investment objective.
- Communicate market trends and macroeconomic concepts in simplified fashion to clients and explain how these trends may influence client portfolios.
- Collaborate with other Wealth Management team members, such as Wealth Advisors and Trust Administrators to acquire new business and grow existing client relationships.
- Adhere to First Bank and the department's policies and procedures.
What Do You Need for this Position?
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5+ years of investment decision making or financial asset management experience working as an analyst or portfolio manager in a financial institution environment or with high net worth clients.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Graduate level degree (MBA) is a plus.
- Professional credentials such as CFP and/or CFA designation are highly desirable.
- Strong financial and investment acumen with broad-based investments technical knowledge including equities, fixed income, alternative investments, and cash instruments which are necessary to manage and service client portfolios.
- Excellent strategic, tactical, analytical, and goal-based investing skills.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills to ensure client satisfaction in a complex financial environment.
- Ability to travel to meet clients as needed.
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness.
- Strong knowledge of fiduciary platform principals and standards, as well as the applicable laws with regard to the investment management of client assets.
- Knowledge of FactSet or similar research tools is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong detail-orientation with time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities.
- Embrace changes and ability to think out of the box to achieve results.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.
First Bank is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Attn: Applicants interested in a San Francisco based position: First Bank will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.