We are looking for an experienced equity analyst with investment banking or private equity experience to support the management of Zeke Capital Advisors’ equity hedge fund. Key responsibilities include supporting the portfolio manager’s research effort, client services, modeling, presentation building, and various administrative duties. The candidate must have excellent financial modeling skills in Microsoft Excel, have experience conducting independent fundamental research, be comfortable making investment recommendations, create and deliver investment presentations to the investment committee and be willing to take on client services and broker relationship functions.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting fundamental research on existing portfolio holdings and new investment ideas, including regular meetings with company management teams and the sell-side.
- Creating investment presentation materials for research meetings and investment committee meetings.
- Staying up to date on news flow and current research related to companies in the portfolio.
- Analyzing/Summarizing quarterly earnings calls.
- Conducting research on special investment, non-public, opportunities.
- Modeling investment opportunities (both public and private).
- Monitoring the fund with respect to execution, accounting and reconciliation of trades.
- Assisting in the production and distribution of marketing and client service material.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Progress toward CFA or completion of investment banking associate program
- Minimum 2 years of experience in investment banking or private equity
- Highly fluent in Excel modeling and Powerpoint