Investment Counsellor, Canadian Private Client Group
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd. is a global investment manager providing discretionary investment management for private clients, foundations, endowments, pensions, and family offices. We strive to protect and build client wealth over the long term. Burgundy is registered in all the provinces of Canada as a Portfolio Manager and as an Investment Fund Manager in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland & Labrador. Burgundy is also registered as an Investment Adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Further information about Burgundy can be obtained at www.burgundyasset.com.
The Investment Counsellor works with the firm’s private clients to build strong relationships based on trust and a thorough understanding of individual investment objectives and constraints. On this basis, the Counsellor builds investment portfolios tailored to each individual client’s goals and manages those assets on a discretionary basis. This position will report to the head of the Private Client Group.
- Understand clients’ personal financial circumstances to design, implement and monitor ongoing investment strategies
- Provide investment reviews and effectively communicate portfolio positioning to clients
- Proactively build client relationships by providing highly personalized client service and through understanding of clients’ needs and situations
- Ongoing review of clients’ asset allocation and rebalancing portfolios as required
- Identify business development opportunities; provide recommendations and design individualized investment proposals/RFPs
- Familiarity with tax issues that may impact wealth management strategies
- Work closely with Private Client Associates and Administrators, fostering a team approach in providing excellence in client service
- Engage clients and contribute to the community by participating in charitable and client focused events
- Represent Burgundy in a professional and transparent manner, personally upholding to the highest standard of professional integrity
- Client centric focus
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian wealth management industry
- Understanding of value investing philosophy
- Familiarity with the concepts of behavioural investing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and collegial attitude
Education and Qualifications
- University degree; CFA designation; CFP (an asset)
- 10+ years of relevant client-facing and / or investment management experience
- Current or previous OSC registration as an Advising Representative
- A proven track record of business development and established connections in the Consultants/Centre’s of Influence network
All interested candidates should submit the following to: email@example.com with the job title (Investment Counsellor, Canadian Private Client Group) in the email subject line, by 5:00 p.m. EST on November 12, 2021.
- Cover letter
First round of interviews will take place by Teams (or zoom by request) during the week of November 22, 2021
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations on the basis of disability, and other accommodations as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code, are available on request at all stages of the selection process and during employment.