Credit Analyst - Middle Markets
DBRS Morningstar’s Middle-Market team is seeking a highly motivated individual, with three to five years of expertise in corporate credit analysis, preferably with high-yield issuers, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills to join its team of specialists in New York, Chicago, or Toronto as a Credit Analyst. Working closely with the Team Leader and the other members of the Middle-Market team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the creditworthiness of mid-sized companies involved in various corporate sectors, as well as writing research reports and industry commentaries, researching various topics relevant to middle-market credits and interacting with various market participants.
• Assume coverage of a broad range of mid-sized corporations with weak credit profiles and assist with new rating assignments, based on experience.
• Produce timely, high-quality and insightful credit research, including rating reports and commentaries.
• Build and maintain relationships with clients, investors and bankers.
• Assist or lead rating committee discussions and help refine processes and research products.
• Represent DBRS Morningstar at conferences, including industry and debt capital market events.
• Build and update related databases as required.
• Three to five years of experience in credit analysis or corporate lending.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or another relevant discipline. Completion of the CFA program is preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of credit analysis and capital markets, preferably combined to a sound understanding of high-yield/mid-market credits.
• Familiarity with the legal documentation associated with corporate debt issuance.
• Strong research and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of financial statements.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and team player with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.