Investment Risk Analyst
Sobre a vaga
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the Investment Risk Framework and the Modelling Framework
- Have knowledge and understanding of the financial markets and products, as well as investment processes and services offered by the wealth management industry and main concepts of investment risk
- Investment Risk Framework
- Contribute to the Discretionary Portfolio Management and Advisory investment risk reporting processes (breaches and committees)
- Use risk tools to produce various risk metrics of portfolios (VaR, stress tests, scenarios)
- Provide support on an ad-hoc basis to the TAC/NAC processes in terms of risks associated with new products / new activities
- Ensure that risks are effectively managed and that the business is compliant with internal and external guidelines
- Suggest improvements to enhance the investment risk framework
- Run recurrent tasks related to MiFID II regulation
- Modelling Framework
- Perform the tasks related to modelling of financial products
- Be involved on processes or KPIs on a dedicated perimeter to ensure the overall platform is robust. This can include suitability risk scorings, execution errors
- Carry out on an ad-hoc basis other tasks (e.g. review of procedures, internal controls and audit)
Profile And Skills To Success
- +2 years of experience in a similar position in a Bank or in a Financial Institution
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Knowledge on financial markets and products (equities, bonds, funds, derivatives, private equity)
- Understanding of investment services (Discretionary Portfolio Management, Advisory)
- Strong ‘’end user’’ computer programming skills such as Excel VBA macros, Access
- Notion of SAS®
- Knowledge in Microsoft office tools (Business Object / BI4) a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong analysis capacity, rigor and accuracy, dynamism, organization and responsibility
- Ability to synthetize / simplify and challenge the status-quo
- Able to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing context
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English. French is a plus
About The Team
- The main mission of the Investment Risk Analyst is to contribute, set-up and develop the investment risk framework of the IM Products & Services platform. The IM Products & Services platform is providing high-end expertise, investment services and financial products to wealthy, sophisticated and demanding private clients. It has a wide range of offering and is positioned as a hub for the International Markets sites of Wealth Management.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
At least 5 years
Job Number: 2009WEMA5622