Director, Pension Solutions
Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security? Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
CAAT is a modern defined benefit pension plan and industry-leading innovator in helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan. We are one of the most successful plans in Canada…and we’re growing!
We are seeking exceptional candidates who are collaborative, thrive in engaging and dynamic work cultures and who are committed to expanding access to defined benefit pensions programs across Canada.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director, Pension Solutions to promote CAAT Pension Plan’s modern defined benefit plan (DBplus), leading initiatives to partner with interested organizations towards merger and conversion opportunities in support of the Plan’s growth initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President, Pension Solutions, this highly collaborative, people-focused DC and DB pension expert will bring their formal actuarial background to the development of stakeholder relationships resulting in mergers and conversions into the CAAT Pension Plan’s DBplus program.
The successful candidate will have technical experience in the following key areas:
- Progressive experience in the pension industry with focus on actuarial services, regulatory and pension plan policy along with a minimum of fifteen (15) years in a client relationship management or business development role.
- Exceptional thought leader, engaging, professional and innovative, with a keen interest to provide actuarial and program guidance to potential member organizations. An engaging speaker and subject matter expert in the pension industry with demonstrated success in establishing of strong working relationships at all levels of organizations and related stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated record of success in providing subject matter expertise and support to actuarial colleagues through complex calculations and other technical challenges. Ability to remain up to date on relevant legislation and Income Tax Act provisions.
- The ability to lead end-to-end business development (growth) activities from initial client communication, engagement, needs assessments and product education, through to the successful onboarding of new members, ensuring their unique requirements and experience are always top of mind.
A University Degree, Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) designation or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) along with twenty (20) years of experience in the pension industry and at least fifteen (15) years of direct client relationship management with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop strategic and critical relationships is required. Sound judgement and the ability to build strong working relationships within teams and with Plan stakeholders, including trade unions. Previous experience within jointly-sponsored, other multi-employer pension or multi-jurisdiction pension plans is strongly preferred. Bilingualism would be an asset.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 - 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021, which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, wellness programs and support for your career development goals.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto next to Queen Subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit and PATH systems. We are working remotely at present due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We believe the success of the Plan is grounded in its expertise as well as its values of integrity, teamwork, and a trusting, respectful working environment.
- Additional information about the CAAT Pension Plan can be found at www.caatpension.ca
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.