Analyst, Investment Research
Analyst, Investment Research
Who Are We? Crestone Capital, LLC is based in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in Denver, Colorado, Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT. Crestone is a leading multi-family office for ultra-high-net-worth entrepreneurs and executives. Crestone provides fully integrated investment management and wealth advisory services to a select group of nationwide clients. We help our clients protect and enhance their wealth, simplify their financial lives, and achieve their evolving personal and financial goals. Our services include global investment access, strategy, and management; trust, estate, and philanthropic planning; income tax planning and reporting; financial and cash flow planning; personal financial statement maintenance; and investment portfolio reporting. Crestone currently advises on approximately $3.2 billion of client assets and serves 100+ clients. Crestone has been recognized multiple times by Outside Magazine as One of America's Best Places to Work.
The Role. The position is an entry level, yet key member of our Investment Research team. S/he will assist in the evaluation of potential investments and monitoring of current portfolio investments, as well as work as a collaborative partner with our client facing team. The role will work directly with the Investment Research team, meet and interact with some of the world’s leading investment managers, and help identify emerging investment opportunities. The role will be a generalist in terms of asset class coverage and support the firm’s impact investing initiatives. In evaluating fund managers, the Investment Research team is focused on executing a consistent process supported by data analytics and an extensive qualitative assessment.
What Will You Do? (this is what we know but expect the unexpected)
The Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Support quantitative and qualitative monitoring of current investment funds and co-investments (including but not limited to attending and note taking in meetings and calls with investment managers, in-depth analysis and monitoring of underlying holdings, staying abreast of communications from investment managers, and ad hoc operational projects)
• Support comprehensive due diligence processes for evaluating and underwriting prospective investment funds, strategies, and/or co-investments (including but not limited to in-depth analysis of investment strategy, performance, risk, manager strengths and weaknesses, thorough review of relevant legal documents with input from outside counsel, reference checks, and investor base)
• Help prepare standard and ad hoc reports, recommendations, and supporting content for Investment Committee
• Develop professional network by attending relevant industry events and assisting in maintaining current and prospective manager database
• Maintain current knowledge of global capital markets by monitoring financial publications and conducting ad hoc research
• Help prepare and maintain investment collateral to facilitate communication and transparency with Crestone’s clients (including quarterly reports, ad hoc portfolio updates, and investment opportunity presentations)
• Execute ad hoc projects pertaining to Crestone client portfolios
• Represent Crestone in the marketplace with the highest integrity, professionalism, and social sophistication
• The role has no direct reports but will collaborate closely with other team members
What Do You Need?
The ideal candidate will have most or all the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
• 1-3 years of relevant investment experience – preferably in wealth management, investment manager due diligence, investment banking, or work at an investment fund
• Degree in finance, economics, and/or business-related field from a reputable institution
• Progress toward or willingness to pursue the CFA designation is a plus
• Strong quantitative skills to evaluate fund and portfolio performance
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
• A collegial, team-oriented, constructive, proactive attitude
• Unquestionable honesty, integrity, and transparency
• Well versed in Microsoft Office (especially Excel); experience with Bloomberg and FactSet preferred
• Fluency in the written and spoken English language is a requirement
The starting salary for this position is $70,000.