Investment Counsellor - Trilingual (English, Cantonese, Mandarin)
Opening up a world of opportunity. We're a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role
With the backing of HSBC’s wealth management capabilities and renowned presence globally. We are seeking experienced go-getters with proven client relationship management and sales experience to drive our growth in the Canadian market.
HSBC Investment Counsellors deliver exceptional client experience and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. They are responsible for delivering discretionary investment solutions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients with exceptional service that fosters and deepens client relationships. IC assess client needs, develop a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinate sales and execute against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client’s overall investment portfolio.
Prospective clients are acquired by collaborating with colleagues and peers across the bank. Attracting, retaining and realizing our full potential as a business is key. HSBC proudly offers clients full advisory service which requires working closely with Relationship Managers and Wealth Planners.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives working in complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows:
- CFA Charterholder or CIM Charter plus:
- Relevant portfolio management / market analysis experience necessary for the registration of the candidate with the regulators as an advising representative. Or combination of certifications and experience leading to the registration as an advising representative with the regulators.
- CFP and other wealth management designations are considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of experience in client relationship management and investment counseling for high net worth clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Propensity to work well in collaborative team environment.
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is a requirement.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.