The Investment Analyst role is a part of Opus’ Institutional Markets Team and focuses on supporting new business production. As part of this team, the role will conduct financial statement analysis, peer comparisons, and investment holding reviews of target insurance companies. Through this work, the Investment Analyst will identify opportunities for Opus prospects to improve investment results while customizing investment strategies based on each prospect’s financial strength and risk appetite. The role will be able to pair our investment philosophy with the details of this analysis while creatively and simply articulating investment opportunities to prospects. Additional responsibilities could include cash management support, trading, and/or portfolio management responsibilities.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Drive new business development by conducting thorough reviews of an insurance company’s financials, peers, investment policy statement and investment holdings with oversight from senior portfolio managers.
- Prepare presentations, within brand theme, to illustrate review findings and demonstrate our value proposition.
- Engage with portfolio managers and research analysts to understand market conditions and investment opportunities that could provide additional investment income for a prospect.
- Confidently interact with OPUS prospects during presentations, conference calls, and conference attendance.
- Participate in setting of marketing and sales strategies based on prospect feedback and market conditions.
- Support daily cash management and trading as required.
- Complete ad-hoc reports analyzing holdings, risk, cash flows, and investment opportunities across account base.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 2-5 years related experience and Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Progress towards CFA designation or MBA preferred.
- Individuals with insurance asset management or insurance business experience preferred.
- Experience analyzing financial statements or similar underwriting background.
- Comfort communicating complex topics simply to prospects in formal situations.
- Familiarity with business development practices to assist in OPUS growth efforts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required, Bloomberg, FactSet and SNL knowledge a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills a must.
- Attention to details and ability to multitask required.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of schedule.
- Highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.