Manager of Investment Research
Capital Cities, L.L.C.
Position Available: Manager of Investment Research
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Founded in 1998, Capital Cities, LLC (“Capital Cities”) is an independent and experienced investment advisory firm with nearly $34 billion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2021). We are committed to providing comprehensive consulting solutions to institutional clients, including: public funds, retirement plans, foundations, endowments, trusts and operating funds.
At Capital Cities we make it personal. We believe that every client relationship is a personal relationship and that each client deserves a committed team of seasoned professionals to help navigate today’s challenging institutional investment landscape. We believe that this approach applies to each and every client relationship and for all matters, big and small.
Our team works diligently to earn clients’ trust and to extend that trust to internal and external stakeholders. We approach each client engagement thinking “What would we do if we were you?” Our goal is to over deliver on our relationships and our motto is good is not good enough when it comes to taking care of our clients. High client retention rates are proof that at Capital Cities “institutional investing made personal” really works.
Capital Cities is looking for a dynamic, energetic and diligent person to serve as a Manager of Investment Research for our firm. A successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and within a team on a variety of projects, along with having the flexibility and willingness to work under tight deadlines at times.
The Manager of Investment Research is integral to the success of Capital Cities’ clients. This team member will focus efforts on investment manager and market research, through the lens of our institutional clients’ needs. In coordination with the firm’s consultants, this role entails creating customized deliverables to provide education, tailored recommendations, and ongoing evaluations to our clients. Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and evaluate underlying investment manager strategies of the firm’s clients, within traditional and alternative asset classes, across various vehicle types
- Coordinate both qualitative and quantitative data pertaining to investment managers utilizing various internal and external programs (databases, performance software, etc.)
- Create internal deliverables relating to broad capital markets for distribution to the firm’s investment committee
- Create internal deliverables relating to investment managers for distribution to the firm’s investment committee
- Write commentary on both individual managers, as well as broader portfolios, for client delivery
- Conduct and document due diligence calls/meetings with investment managers for distribution to broader investment committee
- Conduct investment manager searches and provide the firm’s investment committee with informed recommendations
- Manage staff with investment manager research-related projects/responsibilities
- Create market- and investment manager-related write-ups, presentations and white papers
- Participate in client meetings, on occasion
- Assist with operational activities relating to underlying investment managers, including onboarding documentation and implementation, transitions and rebalancing, as necessary
- Assist with other client projects, as necessary
- Review and contribute to the production of client quarterly reports, as necessary
Candidates should have the following skills and characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to master knowledge of and use of proprietary analytical programs and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and programs (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Responsibility to self-manage tasks and prioritize
- Desire to be part of a team
- A bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of three years of investment manager research experience, are required
- CFA/CAIA/CIMA designation (or progress toward) and/or advanced degree (e.g., MBA) is desired, but not required
- Applicant is required to take and pass the Series 65 if hired (unless CFA designation is held)
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: Manager of Investment Research
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors