Segall Bryant & Hamill is an investment firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Philadelphia, PA; and Naples, FL. Since our founding in 1994, we have grown close to $25 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2021. We provide fee-based investment management of equity, fixed income and balanced investment portfolios. Our growing client list includes high net worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporations, hospitals, public funds and multi-employer plans across the country.
Segall Bryant and Hamill is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Research Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, IL or Denver, CO
Compensation: commensurate with experience
SBH seeks a Research Associate to assist with data production and analysis for the wealth management, equity and alternatives teams across the firm, primarily through the use and integration of Factset and Excel. The successful candidate will also provide asset allocation modeling, macro research, performance attribution, performance reporting, and other analysis of SBH strategies and client portfolios to various internal constituents for portfolio management, planning and performance assessment purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development of new and enhancement of existing analysis metrics for investment managers, leveraging resources from various market data providers
- Creates analytical reports and models using data from sources such as Factset and Bloomberg, and frequently utilizing the Microsoft office suite
- Produces regular output reports using the FactSet platform, used to help understand performance trends across various strategies, sectors, and asset classes
- Prepares and presents periodic reports for the Investment, Management, and Asset Allocation committees
- Responsible for collecting, maintaining, automating, and monitoring various datasets, models, and internal processes
- Responds to special requests and projects from other departments, will often be collaborating with cross-functional teams including alternative assets
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, accounting, statistics or math, or other relevant degrees
- 1-3yrs of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong interest in investing and working for a buy-side firm
- Familiarity with Financial Statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Factset a plus
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team, and with multiple customer constituents
- Proactive, detail-oriented approach with strong ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Progress toward CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) a plus
All submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.sbhic.com
Inquiries to email: email@example.com,
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Institutional Sales Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors