Associate, Asset Based Lending
Associate, Asset Based Lending
Family Group: Commercial Sales & Service
- Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Establishes cross-selling initiatives to increase penetration with client.
- Applies deep expertise in bank products, processes and systems and effectively trouble shooting to ensure a high-quality client experience.
- May coordinate closing with closing department, clients and attorneys.
- Serves as a daily escalation resource to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Participates in the development of financial models and other analytical tools to assist clients in evaluating capital structure.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Maintains current on financing trends in target clients' markets, and communicate same to team members.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Oversees preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
- Coordinates the preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize penetration and returns.
- Negotiates transactions with clients and provides deal structuring expertise.
- Oversees documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
- May manage work flow of other analysts by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO’s risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience. • Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.