If you are someone who values community, teamwork, positive culture, and serving people, while critically thinking in an organized manner, you may be a good fit for this position. A career at Parkway Advisors means purposeful work that positively impacts our clients and community alike.
Our rapidly growing company is searching for an Investment Strategist to join our investment team. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for analyzing and executing fixed income securities as well as the economy and general market.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude and be a good team player but be able to work independently. Analytical abilities, clear communication, and the willingness to learn are essential. The successful candidate will work closely with the entire investment management team and analyze securities, the economy and general market, provide direct assistance to the Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Managers, and generate miscellaneous reports as required.
To learn more visit www.parkwayadvisors.com.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge about each client’s unique investment strategy and portfolio holdings
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of various asset classes and strategies employed as well as a real time perspective on global macroeconomics and the geopolitical environment to execute long-term vision and achieve each client’s objectives
- Prepare investment reporting presentations for clients; provide clients with up-to-date information regarding performance, investment strategy, and client specific issues regarding their portfolio
- Read research reports, provide input, and help monitor various credits across multiple asset classes
- Have regular interaction with Portfolio Managers and participation in investment meetings
- Analyze existing and potential investments, utilizing external research and maintaining internal portfolio evaluation and monitoring tools
- Research, recommend, and execute investment strategies for various total return portfolios
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance required
- Graduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst designation is a plus
- Must obtain Series 65 license, if he/she does not already possess
- 2-5 years of fixed income trading experience
- Insurance investment experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge and extensive use of Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to be an effective leader; as well as to be a team player
- Ability to problem solve, critically think, follow through and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Adaptable to change and willingness to incorporate new ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills