Orr Financial group is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager. The manager can work at home or in the Victoria Tx office. We prefer a candidate who lives in Victoria TX, Houston TX, or Nashville TN. The candidate will need a series 7 and 66 (or a series 63 & 65) securities license. OFG is a boutique financial planning and investment management firm started by an individual that has been financially involved since 1986. OFG is a small company with a big company feel and is a full-service, results-oriented financial wealth management firm. It is not required that the candidate has finished the entire CFA course if he or she can demonstrate skills.
What you will do:
Maintain and manage investment models for individual client households or businesses
Perform and document due diligence on portfolios
Have an investment world view and be able to assist in future changes to portfolios
Must be able to operate software for trading and rebalancing. Training and support available
Participate in client meetings and performance reviews
Support and Assist Representatives in client acquisition.
PM is responsible for assisting the portfolio analyst in analyzing investment portfolios and supporting other investment staff. The associate portfolio analyst leverages the time of the portfolio analyst, portfolio specialist, and portfolio manager by providing analysis and expertise on investment strategies. Analysis and content developed by the portfolio analyst team support the firm’s efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The associate portfolio analyst must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The associate portfolio analyst must excel at working independently while collaborating with associates.
Data, Research & Analysis:
•Grow and maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications in order to extract investment data, interpret results and assist with analysis.
•Conduct investment analysis, in conjunction with the portfolio analyst, on assigned investment portfolios, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction, and positioning. Analysis conducted may provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
•Under the direction of the portfolio analyst creates custom analysis either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time-sensitive environment on a global scale.
•Develop and maintain knowledge on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers.
•Assist with quarterly strategy updates and rebalancing to inform the enterprise of investment results and views on assigned strategies
•Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education and support for distribution associates.
- 2+ years of related investment work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Analysts, Portfolio Specialists, Portfolio Managers as well as product representatives
- College degree and 4+ years of investment experience
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)
Send resume to:
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time