Sawgrass Asset Management is a 100% employee-owned investment management firm based in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. We are seeking an experienced portfolio manager to join our Large-Cap Growth equity team. Along with suitable investment experience, this individual must also be able to properly communicate our strategy to clients and prospects. Our equity team employs a risk conscious approach to growth investing whose hallmark is downside protection and efficient compounding of gains in the context of a rising market. The team is made up of a mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. Sawgrass offers top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities. Relocation to Jacksonville, Florida would be required.
- Partner with PM/analysts using the Sawgrass model framework to:
- Research portfolio candidates and holdings.
- Oversee and manage client portfolios.
- Collaborate with PM/analysts to:
- Identify/deploy enhancements to current investment process.
- Create/develop new, diversifying, revenue producing products.
- Participate in internal investment policy discussions and decisions.
- Lead meetings with clients, consultants, and prospects to communicate and explain portfolio performance, positioning, and the Sawgrass investment process.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in new business efforts and current business defense, as needed.
- Answer ad-hoc inquiries from clients, consultants, prospects and Sawgrass team members.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in institutional portfolio management/analysis, 10 years preferred.
- Demonstrated, value added performance within the Large-Cap equity space versus benchmark(s).
- Familiarity with quantitative structure and risk control platforms.
- Intellectually curious. Innovative. Unafraid.
- Demonstrates conviction, confidence and continuous improvement.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team-first, collegial, and results-oriented environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to conduct dynamic/personable meetings with clients/prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- CFA required.
- Proficient in FactSet and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.