Solutions for Today’s Challenges. Vision for Tomorrow’s Opportunities. Join the Premier Global Boutique: William Blair.
At William Blair, serving our clients starts with the capabilities and collaboration of our team—making our employees our most important asset. Unlike others, we're an independent partnership that is personally committed to our people and clients. What sets us apart is the way we do it—our culture, our values, and our commitment to local communities.
We strive to attract the most qualified, passionate candidates who specialize in investment banking, investment management, private wealth management, and a variety of other business functions.
Currently, our firm has more than 1,700 employees throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
A top priority of ours is talent development, fostering professional and personal growth of our employees. We take pride in empowering our people to bring their best thinking each day so we can deliver the tailored, thoughtful work and problem-solving abilities that our clients have come to expect.
We work tirelessly to create an inclusive culture. Our employees have unique experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to thoughtfully meet the evolving challenges and opportunities facing our global client base amid dynamic market conditions and varying industries, whether technological, economic or geopolitical.
We are equally proud of our long-term partnerships with the communities in which we live and work, a legacy we inherited from our founder more than 85 years ago.
For more information about our firm, log onto williamblair.com.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
William Blair Investment Management seeks a Performance Analyst. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Generate, analyze, and report investment performance to meet the needs of internal groups and the external clients. Follow established guidelines, policies and procedures. Research returns that are outside of acceptable ranges.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise related to Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). Stay abreast of any changes and assist with the implementation of resulting changes to Investment Management policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain performance composites in compliance with GIPS.
- Create detailed documentation and deliverables to support investment performance initiatives.
- Provide internal performance attribution support, including results validation and interpretation, report development and assistance with software management. Seek to understand the drivers of performance.
- Participate in performance-related projects.
- Respond to requests for additional information from internal departments. Answer questions and troubleshoot issues pertaining to investment performance.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements. Assist with the investigation and implementation of process modifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance or related field
- Progress towards CIPM, CFA and/or MBA preferred
- 4+ years of industry experience required
- 2+ years of performance measurement experience at a GIPS-compliant investment management firm preferred
- Experience using Eagle PACE preferred
- Basic SQL, R and/or other programming experience preferred
- Strong quantitative reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to satisfying internal and external customers
- Extreme detail orientation and commitment to meeting identified quality standards.
- Concern for quality expressed through initiation of system and process improvements
- Solid and developing understanding of the investment management business
- High technical aptitude
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.