Investment Analyst - Private Equity
Full Time Investment Analyst – Private Equity
ARC Financial Corp. (“ARC”) is seeking a full time Investment Analyst to join its Investment Team. This is a two-year contract position, with the opportunity for a longer-term role.
With over $6 billion of investor commitments across nine funds, ARC is Canada’s largest energy-focused private equity manager. ARC invests in high-quality management teams that have unique and differentiated business plans that create value for all stakeholders, as well as growth strategies that support all aspects of the energy value chain across North America including, but not limited to, energy transition opportunities, upstream oil and gas, and oilfield services and manufacturing.
ARC also leverages its world class domain expertise and energy capital markets knowledge, deep industry relationships, and rigorous investment management practices to manage the capital entrusted to the firm with the highest standards of diligence and integrity. ARC’s culture emphasizes the value of long-term partnerships and high quality relationships within the firm, with its portfolio companies, investors, service providers, and the communities in which ARC invests.
As a member of the investment team, you will have the opportunity to work in a team-based environment. The diverse technical and financial background of ARC’s team and the wide range of daily activities will ensure that you are exposed to all aspects of the business. Some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Corporate financial and asset transaction analysis
- Maintaining our industry and investment benchmarking databases
- Presenting materials and facilitating discussions in internal and external meetings
- Monitoring all aspects of the investment portfolio
- Assisting in the due diligence of new investment opportunities
- Building, maintaining, and evaluating financial models (including the application of relevant valuation techniques)
Skills and Education
- An undergraduate degree is required for this position
- Energy transition experience in one or more of the following would be considered an asset, but is not required:
- Renewable energy development, renewable services, biofuels, renewable natural gas, energy storage, energy efficiency, distributed energy, and carbon capture and sequestration (CCS)
- A strong work ethic and a keen attention to detail
- Superior quantitative, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
The successful candidate will be an energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter with a demonstrated track record of high achievement who has a strong desire to build a career in the private equity business. This individual is expected to conduct themselves selflessly, placing the success of the team and the organization ahead of their own personal achievements. In close collaboration with ARC colleagues, this individual will prioritize the advancement of ARC’s vision:
To be the investment partner of choice, building high-performing businesses that are addressing the world’s energy and sustainability needs.
Two to four years of full-time professional experience is desired, with a preference towards individuals with prior experience in the energy transition or related capital markets. Non-traditional applicants are encouraged to apply, as we will consider candidates without a financial degree or background. Enrollment in, or completion of, the CFA program would also be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should e-mail a one-page resume, cover letter, and university transcript to:
ARC Financial Corp.
Suite 4300, 400 - 3rd Avenue S.W.
Calgary T2P 4H2
Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
Posting expires October 25, 2021 For further information on ARC Financial please visit our website at: www.arcfinancial.com.