Regional Tax Director
Sobre a vaga
Bolt is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world with over 75M happy customers in 45+ countries, from Europe to Latam to Africa. We’re building the future of logistics – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, or food delivery from your favourite restaurant. Fast, convenient and affordable service for everyone.
The Regional Tax Director will be responsible for Tax support for all taxes - local and international - in all the countries of the Region where Bolt is and will become present. There are 3 Regions. The main purpose of our Regional Tax Tax Functions as well as the rest of the Bolt Tax Team is to support our business. This, while ensuring full compliance with all local and internationally applicable tax rules.
The Regional Tax Director works closely together with the Finance Team, Commerce Team, Treasury Team, Legal Team, Internal Audit Team and other functions which are part of the CFO team as well as most certainly our business verticals.
This position can be based in any country within the CET timezone +/- 2 hours
Your daily adventures will include:
- Build the East Regional Tax Function which is expected to have people in several locations working remotely/virtually most of the time. This is in close corporation with, and guidance from the rest of the Bolt Tax team. While the function in principle covers all taxes, the focus is on local corporate taxes including WHT and indirect taxes as well as supporting the development and local implementation of Bolt’s Global Tax/Transfer Pricing model.
- Manage external Tax service providers in the Region - as well as - in cooperation with Accounting - oversee external compliance providers and liaise with our statutory auditors PWC on Tax matters.
- Tax Audits - Manage the tax audits in the Region in close corporation with the rest of the Tax Team colleagues, Bolt Finance and other relevant functions as needed.
- Financial Audit - Provide analysis of Uncertain Tax Positions related to the Regional taxation to ensure accurate information in our Group Financial Statement concerning all tax.
- Cooperate with Accounting and Finance – in all matters of relevance for tax compliance and ensuring that tax is accounted for correctly in our local Regional financial statements.
- Update on developments of Regional tax regulations - as they develop and change where Bolt is conducting its business. Lead or support any relevant adjustments deriving from new or changed rules.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience working in the industry and big 4/Global law firm. Work experience from digital business is a plus but not an absolute requirement. Experience with building, managing and developing a team of highly talented tax professionals.
- Experienced with Corporate, Indirect and International Tax at a high technical level.
- Solid understanding of the various forms of tax compliance of a multinational enterprise.
- Good experience with Tax controversy – ideally in several countries.
- Good understanding of Transfer Pricing.
- Good general accounting/finance skills and experience.
- Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools) is a plus.
- Relevant education such as lawyer, CPA, Economist or any combination thereof.
- You have very solid knowledge about corporate income tax, indirect tax and international tax in a global organization.
- Good “business sense” in combination with numbers.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relations with internal stakeholders, executives and teams in a multicultural, global and entrepreneurial environment.
- Believe in open communication with colleagues and working together to come up with the best solutions.
- Not afraid to challenge and question colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner always with the best solution for Bolt at heart.
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognise that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 45+ countries around the world.