VP of Investment Platform
VP of Investment Platform will work with senior management and outside consultants to develop, launch and promote new proprietary firm models to be utilized by our advisors. VP of Investment Platform will provide input on portfolio construction, interface with outside consultants and communicate process and value proposition to the firm’s Investment Advisor Representatives. Models will be ran according to a systemized process which will allow the VP of Investment Platform to spend time educating the firm’s Investment Advisor Representatives on the platform. The VP of Investment Platform will be responsible for growing the utilization of the firm’s proprietary models and for growing total assets under management for the RIA.
In addition to working with senior management and consultants to manage the firm’s proprietary portfolios, VP of Investment Platform will share their Investment expertise with firm’s advisors who currently choose to operate with the “rep as portfolio manager” approach rather than leverage subadvisors or proprietary firm portfolios. This support will include helping them assess potential investments and assisting in screening potential investments as needed.
It is important that the VP of Investment Platform be both analytical and personable. It is critical that the VP of Investment Platform be able to earn the respect of our advisors by sharing their knowledge while learning what makes each advisor’s individual business and clientele unique. It is important that the VP of Investment Platform be able to build and maintain personal relationships with all IARs.
First Heartland is a growing, independently owned financial services firm located in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri. We operate a registered investment advisory firm, a broker dealer, and an insurance distribution company.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Ideal candidate will possess CFA, CIMA or CFP
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with senior management and consultants to develop and manage new proprietary model portfolios
- Serve as an expert to the field for advisors using proprietary portfolios and for those advisors acting as “Rep as portfolio manager”
- Become proficient in the applications and technology used in the portfolio management and client service operations processes. This will include block trading accounts on the Pershing platform.
- Respond to ad hoc advisor requests, and manage advisor phone calls in the course of providing the highest degree of service
- Keep up with the current market environment and general performance of the firm’s model portfolios
- Identify ways to consistently improve investment operations with the primary goals of enhancing the client experience and increasing the firm’s efficiency.
- Share insightful and timely thought leadership pieces such as papers, releases and other media for specific strategies.
- Ability and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills; professional demeanor
- Min 3-6 years of experience in finance-related role, preferably related to investment management
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well with advisors
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively address questions from our advisors and clients
- Interest in financial markets and investing
Compensation package depends on experience and ability to perform all the above tasks.
- Group Health Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Dental Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Life Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors