Western Alliance Corporate Finance, a growing institutional debt fund, is seeking an Associate/VP to work closely with our underwriting & portfolio management teams.
Applicant will be expected to perform a variety of functions including company specific research, industry research and portfolio management. Initial responsibilities include: 1) Performing portfolio analytics on existing deals and aiding in various operational duties (~30%), and 2) Helping analyze new prospects and underwriting (~70%). Corporate Finance is a fast growing division and will rely on this employee to be eager, versatile, and self-guided, with the ability to wear multiple hats as the need requires.
Applicants should be analytical, well-rounded and comfortable organizing and completing both short-term and long-term projects without constant supervision, although guidance and direction will always be available. Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience in the High Yield or Loan markets. CFA a plus. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Market compensation based on experience. Growth tracks include either underwriting or portfolio management roles.
Interested parties send CV & cover letter to:
Brent Edgecumbe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. (Data such as GPA, class rank, relevant test scores helpful).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills, supported by course work in mathematics, finance, accounting, economics, business or similar fields.
- Creativity, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude for cooperation and collaboration.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products; particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Progress toward (or interest in) obtaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Industry experience: ~3-15 years
Located in Los Angeles, Western Alliance Corporate Finance is a division of bank holding company, Western Alliance Bancorp (NYSE:WAL).