Senior Portfolio Strategist
Who We Are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Treasury and Investment Group is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Portfolio Strategist.
The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee Toyota Motor North America’s pension and savings plan assets totaling $17 billion.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Treasury, and Investments, the person in this role will support the Treasury and Investments department's objective to effectively manage the Benefit Plan Assets
What you’ll be doing
• Oversee performance, risk, and compliance for all of Toyota Motor North America and Toyota Financial Services Pension and Savings plan assets. Establish pension investment guidelines to ensure the Plan is governed according to the fiduciary standards of ERISA and benefit payment obligations are fulfilled. Develop a savings plan structure that facilitates diversified investment strategies for a broad participant base.
• Evaluate and synthesize third-party research and recommendations to provide an independent view to the Benefits Committee on policy, asset mix, investment manager selection, and investment manager termination. Stay abreast of industry developments and provide insightful and well-supported recommendations to the Benefits Committee.
• Work with external consultants on long-term studies and monitoring of investment managers. Oversee all external investment manager relationships (about 30 investment managers) and understand investment strategies; responsible for new manager searches.
• Proactively ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory changes. Oversee annual plan audits, engage with legal counsel to negotiate key terms of financial agreements and contracts and serve as an expert resource on investments and broad financial market trends for senior management.
• Effectively present plan updates and recommendations to the Benefits Committee.
• Support Corporate Investment Activities and other treasury projects as needed
What You Bring
• Extensive experience and working knowledge of capital markets and/or investment experience
• B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance or related field required
• CFA required
• Thorough understanding of security pricing theories and models (Modern Portfolio Theory, Capital Asset Pricing Model, Black Scholes, Net Present Value)
• Experience and understanding of statistical analysis (probability distributions, variance, standard deviation, statistical hypothesis testing)
• Strong presentation skills and experience delivering material effectively to Senior Management (VPs, CFO) are required
• Strong analytical and technical skills giving the ability to analyze information, accurately manipulate data and perform efficiently in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
Added Bonus If You Have
• MBA in Finance or Master's Economics or Accounting preferred
• Experience working for the capital markets and a good understanding of economics
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with Senior Management and other business units within the organization and the investment community
What We’ll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
• Flexible spending accounts
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Belonging At Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of Diversity Inc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Accounting/Audit Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Accounting/Audit Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Accounting/Audit Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Accounting/Audit Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors