Quantitiative Research Analyst
Prosperly is a new-age digital wealth platform that will help any middle class Indian confidently build wealth through high-quality financial advice, education & tools. Our core beliefs are two fold - most Indians do not take enough risk with their portfolio due to poor financial literacy, and, asset allocation & goal-based thinking are the necessary foundations for any good long-term investment plan. We are a founding team of six, working on product, content and partnerships for a product launch in early 2022. The founder Rajeev Chebolu is an alumnus of IIT Madras & Kellogg School of Management with around 12 years of experience in private equity and CFO roles at start-ups.
Market Opportunity & Mission
Indians are hugely ‘under-invested’ – only 8% of total household wealth is held in listed stocks & mutual funds, while 51% are held in cash, bank deposits, insurance policies etc. The long rally in the Indian stock markets from mid-2020 has created huge interest in investing, but it is still hard for most people to get guidance & customised recommendations in building wealth. HNIs can rely on wealth managers; but most middle-class Indians do not have access to good financial advice & recommendations.
Our product will help any Indian, irrespective of the assets they own, build an investment portfolio customised to their goals & risk profile through our technology enabled product. In addition to this, we will have structured content to help them learn about personal finance & investing at their own pace. Our trained human advisors will help explain complex topics & build trust for the user.
We aim to serve 5 million middle class Indians as paying customers by 2030, out of the 160 million addressable user base earning between Rs.5 lakhs & 50 lakhs.
The ideal candidate lives & breathes the financial markets with a desire to impact millions of people with his/her work. Further, he/she is committed to joining an early stage venture for faster growth – this requires a willingness to work very hard and take on whatever role is needed to help the company grow. We will offer a significant wealth creation opportunity through stock options.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Analyse historical data across mutual funds, equity indices, market flows and fundamental data to identify the best asset allocation, rebalancing signals and fund recommendations
- Design ideal client portfolios linked to risk profiles, goals and market conditions
- Work with engineering team to automate daily workflows, dashboards and portfolio monitoring
- Generate content (eg: long-form articles, white papers, newsletters, podcasts) to communicate our research to industry players & clients
- Help design innovative products to generate additional revenue streams & enter new businesses
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative research or portfolio management in the financial markets, whether India or abroad, in either equities or other asset classes.
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative equity or fund research for global companies such as investment banks, asset managers, Morningstar, Factset/Bloomberg etc.
- Good conceptual understanding of equity factors, index construction, historical market performance, macroeconomics
- Highly proficient in using Python on large volumes of data for back-testing & statistical analysis
- Great written & verbal communication is necessary
- MBA degree or CFA charter would be good to have, but not necessary
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors